Designing a website is crucial point in every business. It is the first impression that you create on your clients on a Digital Marketing platform. By the first look of your website customers judges your brand or business. Your website is your introduction to your clients about. So it is very important for you to give a closer look on every detail of the site rather than just relying on the designer or developer.
Here I am going to suggest you only the best of the tips that are based on facts & figures which I have learnt in past few trends.
Color plays a vital role in the perception and decision making of viewer about your website. Statistically color alone has 75% to 80% of the total impact. With the first look of your website one can easily perceive your brand and your approach towards business. There is some psychology behind liking or disliking of any particular color. According to study on various factors like age, gender, product type there are several colors or color schemes that are most popular.
• Blue: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Skype, Flickr.
• Red: YouTube, CNN, Adobe, Coca Cola, Gmail.
• Black: Amazon, Wikipedia, Apple, Honda, Nike, Times, Jobs & Exams.
• Pink: Instagram, Myntra, Barbie, Cosmopolitan.
• Green: Watsapp, Android, Animal Planet, Starbucks, Slidescope.
• Brown :
• Orange: Firefox, Avast antivirus, Blogger, VLC.
• Purple: Yahoo!, Cadbury, Monster, Orkut.
• Yellow: Flipkart, Shell, IMDb, Nikon.
Now you may think that why orange or yellow is not a good option for the website development.
Tats a good question! Color plays an important role in decision making but there are several other factors that are also relevant in buying behavior. Every color induces several emotions in human behavior which drives them to make decision regarding the same. Go thru a bit background research while targeting your audience.
In the designing part of website the layout matters the most. The layout which has all the necessary elements are most preferable one. An ideal layout has two main sections
• Logo: Logo of the company is should be place at the top of the site either Left or Center, You can also go for right but that would be a bit awkward!! Right..??
• Header: The header should provide your important details in an abstract form like your business, your approach, company name, Header generally includes slider which features your most important aspects of business.
• Primary Call to Actions
• Approach them or vis-a-vis
• Let them Socialize with you
You should mention your services and all the important features of your organization.
• Footer Area: the footer area is generally divided into 4 section it is ideal to mention
Fonts of the website matters in the design. If you are going for a business oriented website
Then you can go for:
If you are going to make creative website you can go for
Sidebar has a specific role in the website. You can showcase your important pages/ posts in the sidebar and in a chronological manner. It also plays a major role in improving bounce rate.
“An Image speaks thousand words”. Images are the most important and attractive features of any website. Placement of Images
• Slider Post
• Featured Post
• Featured Icons
Images can represent your message easily and can convey your message in an efficient and effective manner.
Readability of the website also plays a vital role in the design and appearance of the website. Human eye has a tendency to read the text from top to bottom and left to right.
Like a F like structure.
These are some basic points to remember before choosing a website layout.
Hope this Article helps.