E-Commerce deals with all the Commercial activities performed in electronic form. It mainly deals with online transactions.
1. Booking Website – Movie Ticket, Railway Ticket, Bus Ticket, Flight Reservations, Hotel
2. Shopping Website – Eg; Websites are Amazon.com, Flipkart, Taggedjeans.com
3. Classifieds Website – With Paid(Freemium Model) advertisements Eg: Olx, Quikr, Craiglist, Trademyad.com
4. Directory Websites – Paid (Freemium Model) directory listings Eg: Sulekha, Yellow Pages, Indiamart, EnergyConsultants.in
5. Service Websites – Accpeting payment online
6. E-Wallet Websites / APPs – BHIM, Airtel Money, Phonepe, Paytm
7. Recharge Websites – Freecharge, Paytm
* Note : Most of the payments are made through payment gateways like Paypal, Payoneer, Paytm etc.
As a digital marketing professional you should always consider the different modules in these websites and particularly which modules can be promoted in SEO. All the modules will not be suitable for Search Engine Indexing
From the Development point of view we can divide these websites in following modules:
1. Administration – Roles : Setting up protocols (Terms, Conditions, Policies etc.), Design Management Module, User Access, Initial Setup of Website Pages, Setting Report Headers, Creating, Read, Update, Delete (CRUD Capabilities), Managing Logistics, Managing Marketing Activities,
media management, Offers / Coupon Management, Order Management, Logistics Mgt., Products / Services management etc.
2. Customer / Client – Registration, Profile Creation, Selecting/Accepting Roles (Like – Buyer OR Seller), Placing Orders (Making Transactions), Money Withdrawl, See Statistics / Reports
3. Guest / Anonymous – Can visit website / app, see pages and information, fill contact forms etc.
As a Digital Marketing Manager you have to create offers on festive or special occasions.
You can do that by using Coupons Management Module.
*Note : An E-Commerce website is mainly divided into two sections for all users, namely – Frontend & Backend.
SEO activities are mainly focused on Frontend Pages.
You can do SEO of various category pages, tags pages, individual products pages and vendor/sellers shop individual pages etc.
You can promote the backend functionality of your website / app using graphical presentations, images, explainer videos etc. on social media and your website itself.
If you are looking for E-Commerce Web Development Services – Contact