Year 2017 has witnessed one of the biggest tax reforms in India.
GST has changed the process of tax collection and hence various retailers, wholesalers and distributors have to register for their
GST identification numbers.
Many retailers used software tools to manage their billing and invoicing activities smoothly.
This tax reform requires some updates in the previously used billing sofware tools.
Developers have taken necessary measures an GST enabled billing software applications are available in IT industy.
Because of so many options that are avaialable it is hard(for business owners) to decide which application to chose.
1. Use a fully working demo of the software before paying for it. Many software companies are offering free demo for GST Billing Application.
2. Ask you accountant to check the processing speed. Many softwares have short cut keys to perform various tasks. These keys help in smooth and faster data handling.
If the software uses mouse to access various windows in the software then make sure that navigation is clear and easy.
3. It is better go for a software that has been tested and used by some organization.
4. You can ask the vendor about data handling capability of the software. How much data it can store and process.
5. Ask the vendor about backup and restore functionality. Process of backup and restoring the database should be smooth.
Without and option for backup and restore you will lose valuable information in case the system crashes.
6. If you have a retail store with multiple billing points then you must check and understand the networking capability of the software.
7. For POS – Point of Sale, you can check, understand and explore the barcode printing and scanning options.
8. In GST, taxes are imposed on the basis of various product categories. Tax rates are different for different categories, make sure about this feature.
If you want a GST enabled software with all above mentioned features you can book your demo now. – CALL US